Mace® Pepper Gun Silver with LED Strobe
The Mace® Pepper Gun is the most accurate non-lethal self defense Pepper Spray available. Ideal for distance defense with the convenience and accuracy of a point-and-shoot handgun design
- Additional information
- Video Demonstration
The Mace® Pepper Gun is the most accurate non-lethal self defense Pepper Spray available. Ideal for distance defense with the convenience and accuracy of a point-and-shoot handgun design, its advanced delivery system allows you to spray attackers with a power stream of OC pepper from up to 20 feet away and from any angle. This Mace Pepper Gun with STROBE LED features a trigger activated DUAL MODE LED light that distracts your attacker and helps aim at your target in the dark. Pull the trigger once to activate the steady LED flashlight feature. Pull the trigger a second time and the pulsating LED strobe light is engaged. Pepper Guns are easy to reload with pre-filled replacement cartridges and each gun includes (1) Water Practice cartridge (1) OC Pepper Spray cartridge and battery for LED light models. You can safely DEFEND YOURSELF in a threatening situation with the effective power of Mace Maximum Strength Formula… 10% OC Pepper with invisible UV marking dye that can help police identify your attacker. Just spray and get away!
The Mace® Pepper Gun is refillable. The OC Pepper Spray is contained in a cartridge that may be replaced when empty.
EFFECTS: Upon direct contact with eyes, respiratory system and mucous membranes, the active ingredients in the pepper spray will cause eyes to slam shut, coughing, and an intense burning sensation to the skin. Effects should lessen in approximately 45 minutes.
SAFETY: Strong Irritant. Keep out of reach of children. Contents under pressure. Do not puncture or incinerate. Upon exposure, follow the first aid instructions that were included with your pepper spray.
STORAGE: Store your Pepper Spray in cool dry area away from heat, flame or strong light. Use with adequate ventilation. Do not store it in an environment where the temperature may exceed 120 degrees F (50 degrees C) such as an enclosed vehicle. The Pepper Spray cartridge may leak from over pressurization and fail to function properly. Do not store unit in a cold environment under 32 degrees F (0 degrees C). This may cause depressurization and the loss of effective range.
EXPIRATION: Pepper spray has a shelf life of 4 years from date of manufacture. Each pepper spray unit is labeled with an expiration date. After this date, the pepper spray cartridge should be disposed of in accordance with the environmental regulations in your area.
|Dimensions||6.5 x 4.5 x 1.5 in|
PEPPER GUN INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION: Defense sprays may take several seconds to work and may not be effective on enraged, drugged or intoxicated people or against armed assailants. Please read the following important information:
IMPORTANT: THERE ARE TWO MODELS OF THE PEPPER GUN.
Determine which model you have by comparing the barrel and battery compartments to the photos in these instructions.
Pepper Gun Illustration
LOADING INSTRUCTIONS for Pepper Gun Model #1
1. Put the trigger safety lever in the SAFE position.
2. Push the barrel release on the side of the gun forward and open the barrel.
3. Remove the outer cap from the canister and check that the spray tip is still seated on the valve stem [FIG. 1a]. DO NOT REMOVE THE SPRAY TIP.
If the black spray tip has been removed from the aerosol valve stem, please refer lto these instructions: Warm the black spray tip in hot water for a few moments. The warming process will allow for easier insertion. WARNING: This operation should be done outdoors. Apply the black spray tip to the valve stem in a twisting motion while applying slight downward force. Hold the unit so it is not directly aimed at you, in case of accidental discharge. Stop applying force when resistance is detected. Do not apply too much force as this will cause the aerosol spray to discharge.
4. With the barrel pointing at the ground, insert the canister tip/stem first, into the barrel of the gun. [FIG. 2] Do not push the canister into the barrel with force, as this will cause the contents to discharge.
IMPORTANT: Check that the canister is properly seated in the barrel before closing.
This shows the canister properly loaded. The bottom of the canister will be slightly recessed from the edge of the barrel. [FIG.3]
The canister should not be flush with or extend above the end of the barrel. [FIG.4]
With the barrel still pointing at the ground, gently close the gun until it snaps shut. Make sure the fire mechanism is in the SAFE position.
LOADING INSTRUCTIONS for Pepper Gun Model #2
1. Place the trigger safety lever in the upward/SAFE position. The orange marking on the lever should not be visible.
2. Push the barrel release on the side of the gun forward and open the barrel.
3. Remove the outer cap from the canister. If there is a black spray tip in place [FIG.1a], remove this as well to reveal the white valve stem of the canister. [FIG.1b]
4. With the barrel pointing at the ground, gently insert the canister stem first into the barrel of the gun [Fig 2]. The canister should slide easily into the barrel until it makes contact with the integrated spray tip. To seat the canister fully into the barrel, gently press on the bottom of the canister until the bottom of the canister is slightly recessed from the end of the bar rel. Do not apply too much force as this will cause the aerosol spray to discharge [Fig. 3] The canister must not be flush with or extend above the end of the barrel [Fig. 4]
5. With the barrel still pointing at the ground, gently close the barrel until it snaps shut. Make certain the fire mechanism is in the SAFE position.
1. To change the canister. push the barrel release on the side of the gun forward and open the barrel.
2. Grasp the exposed portion of the canister, and gently pull outward to unseat and remove from the barrel.
• Both models of the Pepper Gun require batteries for LED light operation
• (3) 1.SV alkaline button cell batteries (AG13/LR44) are installed.
• To replace batteries, access the battery compartments as shown in [Fig. 5] and [Fig. 6]
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY
Mace® Brand Pepper Gun® is a highly effective product that can increase vour safety wherever you go. However, it is only part of a complete plan for protecting yourself against physical attack. Being aware of your surroundings, using common sense and projecting the right attitude are also important to your wen-being. If you find yourself in a situation where you feel uncomfortable, act on it Become a safety conscious person in every phase of your life. And have your Mace Pepper Gun® ready to use wherever you sense the need. There is no substitute for being prepared.
• Please familiarize yourself with the features of the Mace® Brand Pepper Gun® using the enclosed water practice cartridge. Purchase additional water practice
cartridges for practice and annual testing.
• You should test the OC cartridge of your unit periodically by discharging one or two short bursts outdoors, in a safe area away from all persons or animals.
• Your best protection is to avoid potentially dangerous situations ~ you can. Always be aware of your environment and the people around you. Be especially alert after dark.
• Do everything possible to escape from an assailant before resorting to the use of your unit.
The Mace® Brand Pepper Gun® is equipped with a safe and fire mechanism that allows you to use the targeting light without activating the OC. The unit cannot be accidental discharged when in SAFE mode.
• Never attempt to apprehend an attacker. Use the Mace® Brand Pepper Gun® to incapacitate them, run away and call the Police;
• Always carry the unit in the SAFE mode until needed;
• Do not point the gun at anyone who you do not intend to incapacitate:
• Always keep out of reach of children;
• Dispose of properly in accordance with Federal, State and Local laws.
CAUTION: Failure to follow these Instructions may result In first or second degree burns, severe skin Irritation, depigmentation or other skin Injury.
• Remove contact lenses and contaminated clothing immediately. Contaminated clothing should be washed or dry-cleaned, as appropriate, prior to reuse to prevent skin injury.
• Flush contaminated area with large quantities of cool water or a diluted baking soda solution and expose the area to fresh air as soon as possible.
• Do not apply salves, creams, oils or lotions as they can trap the irritant agent against the skin and result in blisters or burns.
• Consult a physician if irritation persists.
Possession and/or use of this unit may be regulated or prohibited by law in some jurisdictions. If there is any question, check with your local police department. Under current FAA regulations, this device is permitted in checked baggage only. Do not carry this device on your person or stow in your carry on baggage. For additional information, please visit www.tsa.gov.
UNIT SAFETY AND STORAGE
Keep your unit out of the reach of children and irresponsible adults. Do not store it in an environment where the temperature may exceed IZO'F as the unit may leak from over pressurization and fail to function properly. Also, do not store the unit in an extremely cold environment since this may cause depressurization and the loss of firing range.
Mace Security International. Inc warrants that your unit shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship which arise prior In the expiration date shown on
the unit. Any implied warranties, including those of Merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are also limited to the expiration date shown on the unit and any action must be commenced within 60 days following the expiration date. In the event a failure occur5 due to materials or workmanship, Mace® Brand will replace a defective unit return to to Mace® Brand within 60 days following the expiration date shown on the unit This warranty does not cover expired units and does not
apply if the unit has been subject to misuse or abuse. Under no circumstance shall Mace® Brand be responsible for incidental or consequential damages with respect to economic loss or injury to person or property, whether as a result of breach of express or implied warranty, negligence or otherwise. Mace® Brand will not be responsible for the result of careless handling or unreasonable use. This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Some stiles do not allow time limitations or an implied warranty, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential